|With my fabulous friend, Melanie,|
after dinner at Dandelion Market on NYE
On June 25 I started the new job and the last 6 months have been absolutely incredible (and I am not only speaking of work but personally as well). Has it been perfect? No, nothing ever is. It has been an adventure and I wouldn't change one thing. Because it has only been 6 months since I started this new adventure and I am continuing to discover who I am and how to really embrace life.
With all that said, I am looking forward to taking 2013 by the horns and taking advantage of everything this year has to offer. I am declaring 2013 The Year of Jennifer 2.0, because why not make it another fantastic year? I plan to make 2013 a success by accomplishing and doing the following (yes, I have a list):
1. Move closer to work/uptown. My biggest goal this year is to move. Which I honestly cannot believe I am saying. When I left my job, I said there was no way I would move...however, once I started and created a social network in this area living in N. Charlotte near the lake is no longer beneficial. When I bought my townhome 3 years ago, it was perfectly located between work and the core of my social life and that is just no longer the case. Having the pup in the mix only makes things that much more complicated.Since it isn't a great time to put my place up for sale, moving is going to be a several step process.
2. Accessorize more As you all know, I love dressing up and I love my shoes...however, I am the worst when it comes putting on the icing (the jewelry). I rarely buy myself jewelry, though I seem to buy it for everyone else. So as vain as it may sound I am going to do a better job of adding the final touches to each outfit.
3. Read more. Watch less TV. I absolutely love to read so this goal really has to do with time management and making the time to read. Not only making the time to read but making the time to blog as well. I am going to come up with a realistic timeline for how I should spend my evenings at home.
4. Cook more. Move more. Live Well. I have gotten into a bad habit of not cooking and eating as healthy as I would like. It helps that I am doing the Eat In Month Challenge again this year. I already went to the grocery and stocked up. In December I decided that I needed a trainer and so I began working with one. It hurts like hell some days but I know that it is going to be worth it. My plan (though the last few weeks the holidays have gotten in the way) is to go to my trainer once a week, go to my gym once a week, followed by a class of some sort. I of course would like to get in better shape but I am not going to place a number on where I should be but gauge it by my health.
5. Just enjoy life! No explanation needed.
With those five things set for 2013, I think I can say with confidence that this year will be as good as the last...if not better!